Tuesday 1 March 2011

RAINBOWS


Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim,

Assalamualaikum,

Allahumma Solli A'la Saiyidna Muhamad, Waa'la aa'li Saiyidna Muhammad.



1
For the past 10 days, I was living with the cross-referencing. It's my fault, I take it for granted that we are using the Harvard-referencing system, means the pages cited must be included. Thus, I breathe, dream, eat, drink, cook and take a shower with it. It isn't nice as I expected, but yeah, one should live and learn.



2
I dreamt about a rainbow last nights. We were in the cabin somewhere in a cold mountain, covered with a blanket of snow. Suddenly the rainbow showed herself, and I was running towards her with the camera, ready to capture its beauty and radiance. Alas, it was only a quater rainbow, the other quater was hidden by the greenish fir fortress. It was at dusk, and did I cry because it disappeared after that? I can't remember.

Then I woke up, puzzle with the dream. Drawing the curtains, voila! The Northern Star is smiling brightly at me. Alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah, even I recite it a million time, I'm still unable to truly worship His Most Kind.



3
When we were small, we lived with a simple food, consisted of soup, and tomyam, and masak lemak chili padi, all were watery. Mum isn't the greatest chef, yet I prefer her cooking a million time over than eating out. Dad, on the other hand, likes to eat new food everyday, trying food that I wouldn't have a courage to taste, and consequently we eat out a lot in the evenings. Sometimes I think, he didn't just want to eat, he just wanted to spend times with us, we who are always drifting away from home. We will have mee goreng mamak, laksa, mee bandung, roti tempayan, satey, aper tuh tak ingat tapi macam pasembor, anything that fancied him.

Yeah, I still think that I make a mistake by majoring in Economy. Should be in food industry then. I couldn't produce something with my own hands, unlike the majority of you out there.

Maybe it'll change one day.

No comments: