Tuesday 13 March 2012

I'M GLAD

Salams,

Just a quick note, for myself.

One of my brightest students comes to see me to collect the letter of appointment, and of course to see his carry mark. I admit, I was in a very bad mood, as I just woke up. I couldn't sleep last night, I did not know why. Thus, my performance was badly affected given to my sleepless state.

I asked him - why did you want to know? You already knew the carry mark, you can calculate it by yourself. He was quite persistent in wanting to know. So adamant.

And I was blurting out the comment that I will regret later.

"So, if you know the carry mark, you wouldn't study that hard, would you?"

"Erk, it's not good to have a bad perception."

Writing in English doesn't convey its full impact. He said these very precise things: Eh, tak baik buruk sangka kami tak study.

Nah, I feel like I am being slapped right in my right cheek. None of my students dare to say that kind of thing to me. As if I am a child that is behaving badly.

I admit again, I always have a very bad inkling that my students won't study THAT hard to get the best out of the exams.

My bad.

Nevertheless, I feel this is the reminder from Allah swt, The Al-Mighty about this issue:

"Wahai orang-orang yang beriman! Jauhilah kebanyakan dari sangkaan (supaya kamu tidak menyangka sangkaan yang dilarang) kerana sesungguhnya sebahagian dari sangkaan itu adalah dosa " - al Hujurat 12.

I'm glad that the reminder comes in a very unexpected form. Alhamdulillah.








2 comments:

Hikari-san said...

*Budak2 sekarang memang pandai menjawab :D

*masa sy student dulu memang tak sabar2 nak tau markah exam, kalo boleh, hari ni paper esok jugak nak tahu apa keputusannya, sy percaya kalo markah bagus mesti rasa sangat bermotivasi- macam hard work pays off gitu - sekarang dah tak boleh fikir begini la kan.. - payoff tu insha'Allah masa akhirat nanti, Everything: kerja, belajar - lillahi taala..

Nur said...

Salams,

bebudak sekarang memang gitu. but this is the only student that remind me in this way. Alhamdulillah. Any form of reminders is actually from Him, right?

masa saya study, saya takmo tau...hahahaha, takutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt