Monday 16 August 2010

ONE OF THE COUNTLESS BEAUTIFUL STORIES

In the name of God, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate
All praise and thanks be to God, and may peace and blessings be upon the most noble of Prophets and Messengers.


Whenever I feel discouraging, helpless, hopeless, dismal and bleak, I always read the below post written by Jinan Bastaki. I love the poem especially. For you out there - do not ever lose hope in the mercy of Allah.

_____________________________________________________________

Abu Nuwas was a person who loved to drink and say obscene things, such that he would even make up verses of poetry and sing about inappropriate things. However, he underwent a change and repented to God. People were surprised—Abu Nuwas, who was a known drunkard? Abu Nuwas the lewd man? In a sense, it was almost as though they believed Allah would not forgive him and that Allah would not have mercy on him. So he wrote verses of poetry, and they found these verses under the bed that he died upon. The lines in the poem said:


O my Lord, if the greatness of my sins increase, then I know that Your forgiveness is greater


If only the righteous called on You, then who would the criminal go to?


I call on You my Lord, as you commanded, with reverence


And if You turn my hands away, then who else will have mercy?


Friends, to deeply believe, without an ounce of doubt, that Allah The Most Merciful, The Most Loving, The Oft-Forgiving - that's the real imaan.


39:53
“Say: “O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. For Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful” (Qur’an, 39:53).



No comments: