Thursday 7 July 2011

FIRHOUSE


Salams,

Bismillahirahman nirrahiim,

Allahumma Solli A'la Sayyidina Muhamad, wa 'ala ali Sayyidina Muhamad.

Firhouse, Dublin arrived on "BLUE TULIP".

I like the name - Firhouse. Such a name. I wonder, a place is nothing without its own sweet history. Will a town be named after me? Not that I want to, but it makes you wonder. Like Teluk Intan is named after Mak Intan who used to come and reside here.

I wonder about many, many great things.

Like Al-Quran has many names as well. How's your relationship with Al-Quran?

Before we claim we are pious, knowledgable, good people, let's evaluate our relationship with our own Creator. I was once a very lazy lady. Nah, a very lazy human being, who will place many useless things above all in my list.

I forgot that al-Quran is the first, the foremost book that I need to finish before everything else. Alhamdulillah, I realise this before I see Him. That's why I love Brother Nouman's speeches that urge people to go back to the most basic thing in Muslim life besides solah - which is the al-Quran.

We have many hours to be spent in looking for and reading journals, watching anime, dramas and movies, gossiping and backbiting - yet we won't spend even a 5 minutes in reciting al-Quran, let alone memorizing it.

I'm truly ashamed of myself, my Lord. I beg your pardon, please forgive me, and us, and guide us to your True Path.







No comments: